Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful for my son Jake Day 12




     Whenever anyone asks me how many children I have, I always say 5.  I gave birth to four but when Paul and I got together, I was privileged to gain another son.  Jacob was 11 when Paul and I met and moved in with us shortly after.  He is a brother to Nolan who otherwise would have only had sisters and an extra big "bubba" to my girls.

     Jake is light and laughter and funniness!  He is athletic, strong and loves to play.  He makes adventure out of the simplest things and even going for a run with him, you'll find him leaping fences, dodging obstacles and spinning in circles.  He loves the outdoors and especially snowboarding!

 
 He is creative, stubborn and a "bit" resistant to authority.   But he is, above all, loyal and a lover of family.  He has given us some rough times.  Some things have happened which maybe someday I could share here.   Definitely some challenges.  Not quite ready to divulge those secrets.  He and Faith have a special bond!  He takes her on hikes, bike rides and out for ice cream.  She so looks up to him and Nolan too. 

Jake and Nolan both showed up for Faith's play Saturday night with boquets of flowers for their little sister!  Boy was she thrilled! 
 
Jake has always jokingly called me "x-Mom".  One time, years ago, instead of saying step mom, he said x-mom.  He must have been thinking of x-wife because of the divorce.  Anyway, the term stuck.  I am Janet ~"X -Mom"!  Kind of funny.  Thanks Jake for all the joy you have brought to me.  I have two sons and three daughters and I am so very, very blessed!
Once again, I could go on and on about this boy of ours but this bragging X- mom will stop.

 
Our boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...