Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful for God's Revelations Day 23

     I am always amazed at how God speaks to me in His word.  How I will be reading in one part of the Bible one morning and then the Pastor speaks to me from the same chapter at Sundays sermon.  Even the other day, I was in line to get a Red box movie and the lady behind me had a Snow White and her Henchman movie which she offered to me.  She also had a Dopey tattoo.  (that's another story)   The funny part was that the next day at church, my pastor's sermon title was ~"Whistle while you work!" with a picture of the seven dwarfs!  Coincidence?  I think not.  It has all become familiar to me as God's voice.  If you are careful, and thoughtful enough, you will pick up on His Voice, if you pay attention! 
     So when I sat in church Sunday and saw the picture of the 7 Dwarfs on the screen, my ears immediately perked up because I knew that what Pastor Roland had to say was relevant to my circumstances.  I listened carefully to the message and for what He had for me in it!  There was a lot to the message but the part I took for me was that God has placed me in my job situation for a reason.  I am with these coworkers and patients to be His light to them.  To do the work that He has already planned for me a long time ago.  That lately, I have looked online to see other jobs within the hospital but was I really done with the work He has for me here?  The answer to myself was, probably not.  When He is ready for me to move on, He will make it very clear to me.  As God said to Pastor when he had prayed about leaving St Albans years ago ~Is everyone in St Albans saved yet?  Is the work done there yet?  And Pastor Roland realized very quickly that his work was not done yet.  I might think I want to go elsewhere, but deep down I know that it is not the time. 
     You see, that morning before going to church I read in Jeremiah, these verses which had jumped out at me for some reason.  "If you will still remain in this land, then I will build you and not pull you down, and I will plant you and not pluck you up."  Work has been difficult for me lately but I think God is teaching me something during this time.  He goes on to say,  "Do not be afraid (of the King of Babylon), of whom you are afraid, do not be afraid of him, says the Lord for I am with you, to save you and deliver you from his hand.  And I will show you mercy, that he may have mercy on you and cause you to return to your own land."
       I have definitely had a situation at work that makes me uncomfortable and even somewhat fearful at times but I know He will work it all out for good.  I just have to be patient and obedient in the process.  I have to work at my job with all my heart as working for the Lord, not for man because it is the Lord Jesus Christ I am serving. 
     This is only a small example of how God speaks to my heart.  I just try to keep my mind and ears open to Him and to read His word everyday so that I don't miss what He has to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...