Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful for the Cutlass Day 17

 


  I drove home this afternoon and saw Paul out front showing his 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass to a prospective buyer.  I couldn't help but be reminded of all the fun times we have had in that car!  We are trying to get rid of a few bills so we thought we would try to sell this "toy" of ours.  When we bought it a few years ago we were online looking for a reliable car for me to drive.  We saw this one and I kept saying I liked it, I wanted it.  Paul drove to Newport to check it out and sent me a two word text - "Oh Baby!"  I knew he liked it and it was in great shape.  So when we bought it, I told him I didn't really want to drive it.  I wanted him to have it.  This muscle car had his name written all over it!
     So he brought it to some car shows and kept it looking spiffy!  The funnest part of all though was just taking it for rides to get an ice cream or go out for dinner!  Fun to hear him rev it up!   And best of all when he would leave somewhere, burning the tires and making incredibly smelly smoke shows!  I would crack up laughing and so would Faith and Audrey!  He left some places with so much smoke we could barely see!  Once when we left his sister Ambers birthday party, she scooped up a softball sized piece of rubber from the tire marks he left in the street!  It is probably not the best environmentally friendly thing to do but boy, do the guys love it!  Many thumbs up and appreciative smiles for the old cutlass!
     Even if we do it sell it to keep up with the bills in this economy, we still have a ton of memories from it and there will be other cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...