Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful for the chance to make Thanksgiving Dinner at my house Day 19

     Mama and Daddy always have the Thanksgiving dinner at their house.  For the last 22 years or so it has been at the barn.  It is always wonderful.  Things are getting harder for Mama now.  She is completely "with it" but physically she has had to slow down quite a bit.  I offered to cook dinner for the holiday this year.  Of course she said no!  But then a few days later, she surprised me.  She said she talked to Dad about it and he agreed to come to my house this year!  So for the first time, I get to cook!  Of course Mama is still bringing the pies ~apple, pumpkin and chocolate cream!  I will cook the turkey and stuffing and gravy and Sue will bring the vegetables!  It will be a team effort!!  The house will be very crowded.  We'll all have to eat in the kitchen because there is no dining room.  But it will be cozy and fun!  And hopefully my Mom can rest.  After all she has made Thanksgiving Dinner for the last 64 years or so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...