Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful for my lesson on driving a standard car Day 11

     Today, Paul drove me to Hannaford to pick up some groceries.  He then drove me to the school to drop off food for the food drive for victims of Hurricane Sandy.  Then he told me to get in the drivers seat to have a driving lesson.  You see, we have been having a multitude of car problems lately.  Truck is in the shop.  The car has transmission problems and I just borrowed my sisters Sues car, Thursday and that broke down too.  I could cry, but I guess I will laugh at the unfortunate circumstances until we buy a new one.   It has certainly been an interesting few weeks of break downs and rescues by my hunny. 
     He very patiently gave me a lesson on how to drive the one remaining car we have left to drive - a standard.   Many chuckles as I stopped, started, stalled, revved, and jerked my way around Enosburg Elementary School about 20 times.   I am learning.  It was very frustrating and not coming too easily for me.  But we kept on.  Clutch in, start, on clutch, on gas, off clutch on gas, go, clutch in brake, stop start, round and round.  I am sure Paul was dizzy and bored but He is a great teacher.  I'll keep trying till I get it right! Thanks for the lesson Hunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...