Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful for my daughter Faith Day 9



    My daughter Faith is 10 years old and has brought so much joy to Paul and I.  She has always been a busy girl.  Content with any kind of plaything, imaginative, athletic, sociable, and easy to get along with.  She makes friends easily.  She is sensitive to others moods and loves hugs, back scratches and foot rubs. I  certainly could go on and on about her! 
     Today we were especially blessed by watching her in her second play.  She played the Mad Hatter in the after school program play Dorothy meets Alice in Wonderland!  We ordered her costume on Friday and it hadn't arrived yet.  Faith was getting very worried.  However, it came today just in time.  They have been practicing for this play twice a week for 2 months.  She loved the idea of it but had many anxious evenings worrying and wondering if she was brave enough to perform.  She had many lines to memorize.  I helped her practice and was thrilled that she could remember them so well.  I coached her to speak loudly and encouraged her by telling her that she would bring so much joy to the people in the audience by being her funny, silly self.  Many nights we prayed for God to give her confidence to do the job well!
     I guess it worked because she wasn't nervous; she was excited about her costume arriving on time and she brought so much joy to me, Paul and the audience.  It was thrilling to see her acting confident and to hear the praise of other parents and friends!
    
Some of her lines:       Alice:  Excuse me, must you speak in rhyme? 
 Mad Hatter.  "All the time.  That's my speciality - riddles, reasons and rhymes. 
I also do jokes for special occasions. 
 I work hard at being a bard.  My card."
"I'm so mad I could tear a tomtit to tatters."
"I really need some tea.
  Even when I'm not mad, I need some tea. 
 But I'm always mad,
so I would always need some tea anyway, wouldn't I 
That's a riddle.  My special-tea!
"It's not part of my contract. 
 I do rhymes, reasons, riddles, occasional jokes and tea.
  That's it for me."
"He can join my tea party. 
That'll keep him awake. 
 Every time he starts to doze,
I'll pour tea upon his nose."

And she spoke  all with a British accent.  She was adorable and clever and I guess I'll stop bragging now!
Anyway, so thankful for this special daughter of mine as I am so thankful for each of my children and their unique personalities!
 
"Behold children are a heritage from the Lord. 
The fruit of the womb is a reward. 
 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
so are the children of ones youth. 
 Happy is the man who has a quiver full of them,
 they shall not be ashamed. 
 Psalm 127:3-5
I certainly am blessed and happy because of my children.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...