Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 5 Beach and Aquarium




My pretty girl!!


Hanging out at the  hotel this morning. I went to fitness room and rode the elliptical while watching Fraser. Love that show!  Then Paul and I walked on the beach for a bit. We saw a mailbox beside a dune. Curious, we opened it to find notebooks and pens where you could write your names, dates and any inspiring ( and some not so inspiring) messages.  Cute idea. 
     Then we lay on the beach for a while. Audrey is very happily tanning the entire time. 
     This afternoon we drove to Carolina beach which took about an hour. It is so much like Cape Cod here but the houses are all up on stilts. Probably because this area is referred to as Tornado Alley. 
The colors are bright;  turquoise, purple and  yellow. We planned to take a ferry over to a little town called Southport but of course we got to ferry and it wasnt operating for some reason. It is a bit foggy out. 
So we went to the aquarium instead. 


The first thing we saw was a Bald eagle. He is two so he wont get his white head until the age of 4 or 5.


This eagle is tame enough to walk over to a human~


This eagles name is Maverick and is comfortable with people.


 


Albino Alligator



Faith and I are in the Hurricane Tank
Wind up to 88 mph!
 



I love the jellyfish!

 Paul was fascinated watching the seahorses!

     We were so hungry and looked for a pizza place to eat at on the way back.  We pulled into three different spots to get one but they were all take out, no dining in.  Kind of strange, considering their are restaurants everywhere but the pizza places were all take out.  Finally we found a place called Marcos Pizza who let us dine in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...