Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving at the Barn

Grandpa & Lindsey


     We spend a lot of Sundays in the barn at my parents house.  Mom has been making big Sunday dinners for us for as long as I can remember.  Roast beef, chicken, pork roast, boiled dinner.  Almost every weekend of my life. Wow!  What a service! What an amazing Mom I have.  She cooks, and bakes and serves her family not only food but a whole lot of love too.  Daddy is always there.  Carving the meat, greeting all of us at the door.  Full of smiles, jokes, news and sarcasm.  They feed us, love us, serve us.  How blessed we all are!
                                                                                           
                                                fMatt & Liam
        
     So Thanksgiving comes and here we are again.  All gathered in the barn.  Cozy around the wood stove.


Holly Faith Audrey
 Stacked like sardines at the kitchen table.  Trying to grab a plate and some roast beef before Joe eats it all.  The only difference on this day is that it is a Thursday and not a Sunday!

Daddy carving the turkey
  It is Thanksgiving, the holiday but I realized, that  my parents, make every week a holiday.  Every meal we share together is really a way to gather all of us under one roof.  Mom and Dad do that.  It is now only 1 or 2 Sundays a month.  Slowing down just a bit.  But still, dinner at Fred and Audrey FitzSimmons house is always a special occasion holiday or not.
Kristy & Colby

What more could we ask for?  The love, joy and giving of two parents holding 3 generations of family together.  Thanksgiving every day!



       Hailey & Diann
                                  WE LOVE YOU GRANDMA & GRANDPA

1 comment:

  1. Janet, I love reading your blog and I loved this entry as I still remember all the love that was always found at your Mom & Dad's house. I loved going to their and always felt like part of the family when i was there. I have truly missed being a part of the family and have especially missed your Mom over the years. Your families love touched me years ago and it is something I have never forgotten. Love you and your family and wish all of you the happiest holiday ever. XOXOXO Mindy

    ReplyDelete

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...