Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Monday, November 15, 2010

Falling in Love

 I read the word, I seek God in prayer and through books about his word.   I know He reigns and I see His handiwork in the beauty of His creation throughout Vermont.  His Hand is on all things. He reigns!  His holy spirit speaks to me quietly. 
     But what about Jesus?  Recently in women's book group at church of the Rock I commented that I so admire Paul in the Bible because I could relate to him so much.  Probably because he had so many failings.  He also wrote many encouraging things.  One of the ladies said that I should not admire him more than Jesus.  I don't think that I do but that troubled me.  I wrote in my journal one day that I wanted to be so in love with God that I want to want what He wants, more than I want what I want.  Does that make sense?  He does answer prayer.   I guess He wants me to keep my eyes on Jesus.
    God kept nudging me to read Hebrews.  I follow a reading plan and Hebrews was not next on the list but when he nudges I listen.  I began to read and found myself falling in love with Jesus again!  This book of Hebrews is letting me see Jesus as God wants me to see Him.
   I could relate to imperfect Paul but Jesus was perfect_that I cannot relate to.  However He came to earth and suffered so much abuse, hurt, physical pain, rejection, temptation, humiliation and scorn.  He suffered every emotional pain that I have ever suffered.  (that anyone has ever suffered).  This I can relate to!  He hurt and so he feels my pains.  He understands it because he went through all of the same things.  verse 17 says:  "For this reason he (Jesus) had to made like his brothers (sister- me) in every way (suffering and living in this very difficult world)  in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. (me)  Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted." (me)
    How can I forget and not see this?  I have been reading about all the amazing miracles that He did.  How can I forget that he felt pain and rejection just as much as I ever have?  Help me to see more of YOU< JESUS!~Forgive me.  Let me fall more in love with you!  Fix my thoughts on you! (chp 3 verse1)
The Author of my faith!
The One who sympathizes with me!
The One who prays for me at the throne of God!
The One who calls me sister
The One who knows me inside and out
The One who has been through the same emotional pains that I have gone through
The One who understands
The One who died for me so that I can live with him forever!
I have a picture in my room of a couple on a swing in a garden.  When I look at it, I know that maybe the artist is depicting it as young love but when I see it, I picture myself swinging on the swing with Jesus.  He is looking down at me with love and I feel so safe!  And I have fallen in love with Jesus all over again!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvUNkRbi5Rc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...