Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Celebration of my Daughter

  

  I must say that my daughter Holly is the most complicated of my children.  Forever a mystery.  I am never quite sure if she is going to be giggly, or serious, quiet, or questioning.  Will she be a couch potato today or rearing to go?   Bored or ready for an adventure?  I never know for sure.  One thing I do know is that she always surprises me.

     I guess she is the child that is most like myself.  I tend to be moody, and introspective one day and goofy and crazy the next.  I need my down time.  I can be quiet for hours and then suddenly crave lots of conversation>    I guess Holly is the same way.  Once I finally learned to stop worrying about her and guaging what she was feeling, our relationship became a lot easier.  I need to let her be when she needs to just "Be."  and engage with her when she is feeling more extroverted.   What a joy when I was able to do this.  And how I enjoy our times when she is full of questions and silly!
     I guess when you are a sensitive person as I am you tend to look at people and attempt to ascertain what they are feeling.  I wonder, "are they happy, are they sad? do they feel comfortable at the moment? hungry, in need of something?  It can be so exhausting.  If I do it with my loved ones I am alot better at it because I love them so much and know them so well but with acquaintances or friends its not so easy.

     So, back to Holly.  I love you daughter of mine.  I watch you growing up and making your own choices and as difficult as it is I know it is time to let you go.  I can only pray that God will surround you with protection and songs of deliverance.  That He will provide for all your needs.  That He would pour out His holy spirit on you and fill you with JOY! 

one of my new favorite pics
     You have moved out since I started writing this a few weeks ago.  Now I pray even more for you.  I want to do more for you but if you want to be self sufficient, then you have to do for yourself.  I hope that you gain more and more confidence in yourself.  You are a beautiful child of God and he who began a good work in you WILL BE FAITHFUL to complete it!


God bless you my sweet girl!
Love Mommy
(I have always loved that you called me mommy for the longest time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...