Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Sunday, February 22, 2015

This table needs help!

This end table has been around for a while. Sitting beside Audrey's bed!  Useful and good storage for paperwork but tired and worn out!  I recentlyread about   Annie Sloan chalk paint and was eager to try it out!  I had read that the coverage was so good that there was no need to prep the furniture by stripping or sanding!!  I only needed a clean, dust free surface and I could get directly to the fun part - painting!  And so I did!
I didn't have the special Annie Sloan chalk paint brush so I used an ordinary Ace hardware one. But it worked!  Coverage was nice and not much odor to the paint. No heavy fumes!  I love the color!  This is called provence!  It just makes me smile!
After the paint dried  which was extremely fast, I applied a layer of furniture wax. I used Tre Wax, a clear paste wax. I had it on hand. I also have not purchased the Annie Sloan wax.  I will eventually. I am excited to see how it compares!  I think it came out beautiful!  Not bad for a Saturday afternoon project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...