Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Lost and Found

     On December 12th I went in to have surgery on my varicose veins on my left leg.   I had to be at the hospital for about 10 in the morning so Paul and I did a little Christmas shopping first at Michael's Craft store.  He loves those places! Well probably he likes it more than he will admit.  We got a few gifts for a special little girl going through chemo who would be at the hospital that day also.
      Anyway it was a pretty uneventful day for the most part.  I couldn't eat so Paul went to cafeteria while I was in surgery to have lunch and thoughtfully got some extra slices of pizza for me to eat on the way home.  He knew I'd be staaaaaaaarving!  So around 6 pm, I was finally discharged and we went to pharmacy to pick up medicines.  Paul also had a prescription for his back pain.  So we ended up with a bag of goodies, pizza, candy, toys for our little friend who we never got to see that day, and some medications for me and him, not to mention my bra and other assorted stuff in the bag.  Paul hung the bag on the back of the wheelchair and wheelied me to the exit.  He went to get the car while I waited.  We got in the car, unknowingly leaving the bag hanging on the back of the wheel chair.
     We drove for about a half hour when Paul said, "I'm hungry, I got some pizza in that bag."  So I reached to back seat searching for it and of course couldn't find it.  It was then that we realized we left it at the hospital.  We were thinking the worst, that someone would find it and take the medication which had all our information on the paperwork. We did not really want to drive all the way back to Burlington as it had been such a long day so we decided to call security. Paul called and they assured us that they would go to check and see if they could find it.  Paul hung up and we decided to bring it to God in prayer.  He says to come to Him for all things, big and little.  I knew that even if we didn't get it back that was ok but I just didn't like the idea of some stranger having all my information. So we prayed for God to let whoever found it be honest and give it to the hospital staff and that our things wouldn't get into the wrong hands.
     God is faithful.  Ten minutes later, the phone rang and it was the security officer letting us know that the bag was still hanging on the back of the chair where we had left it.  :)  Yay!  We were so happy.  It may seem like a little thing but to us it was a big deal.  We praised Him for taking care of this situation for us.
      I continue to try to hand all things over to Him.  Decisions about work and finances and health.  I trust Him to lead me in all things.  Even when I want to choose my own path, I know that it needs to be His timing and His will for me. Proverbs 3: 5-6  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...