Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thankful for Christmas Party

     Every year we have a family Christmas party at my brother Joe's house.  Jen, his wife is the real party planner.  She really knows how to plan big functions!  Tons of food, activities for the little ones and our annual "Yankee Swap".  You have to be there to appreciate it.  It used to be a fairly manageable crowd.  Some of us siblings got together and we all brought either a joke gift or some prized item that everyone would like to go home with. Like a potato gun, strobe light or Justin Bieber life size cut out.   But over the last ten years as our little ones grew up, the party became bigger and bigger.  This party probably had about 60 + people.  So the Yankee swap has become the "Big Event".  Everyone trying to outdo eachother by coming up with the best or funniest gifts. 
     Since the party usually coincides with my Moms birthday, we have cake and sing Happy Birthday to her.   This year she gave a short speech.  She said, I just want you all to know how happy I am that so many of you are here.  It means so much to me to have all of you together.   I want you to know that "my guy upstairs"  ~God~ is taking care of each and everyone of you!   The words may not be exact but they are close.  Knowing my Mom as well as I do, I know this.  That she spends much time in prayer for her family.  She doesn't sleep well at night so she spends a lot of time talking to the "man upstairs."  We are as blessed as we are because of this praying woman!  There is no doubt in my mind about that! 

Psalm89:1 says this:  "I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever;  With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to ALL generations.  For I have said Mercy shall be built up forever.  Your faithfulness, You shall establish in the very heavens."  I believe this is what she was trying to tell her family.  All that He has given her in this wonderful family is a direct gift from Him!
  
                                             I think she is quite overwhelmed here.


 Pretty yummy cake!


 
I think Colby was the most enthusiastic singer!~
 
I heard Jimmy tell Colby that he could share his cake with him.  Colby replied "I'm not sharing"
 

These pictures might not be the clearest but they capture all of the craziness and fun!
 
 


 What is Ebonie thinking in this picture?
 
 Alex, Audrey, Emily, Jasmina, Olivia

"The Food Court"
 

 My Big Brothers ~Joe and Jimmy and Lisa



 Andy and Shanni


 Laura and Craig


 My favorite Rednecks

 Daddy enjoying some birthday cake!

 
Devon and Alex
 
Sammi and Olivia

Shanni, Julie and Andy

Mark opening a package containing 5 jars of homemade hot fudge sauce made by moi!

 
Freddy looking oh so impish!
 
Kristy holding the not so coveted peacock candle holder!

 
Daddy is such a good sport about his "prize."

Laura sporting her "I have been "T-bowtized" t-shirt!


Matt displaying his fancy "high heel wine holder", another not so wanted gift!



Jimmy fought to the finish for a box of razors with many refills!


 
Beautiful cousins and friends!

Wow, second cousins Ebonie and Olivia!
 
Plenty of fun and conversation!

 
Mikey and Laura

 
Julie is hastening to pick out her Yankee Swap gift!

 
Finishing out the party by decorating Christmas cookies!

And here is a final blessing on the FitzSimmons extended clan.
 1 Peter 1:9
"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation.  His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of GOD who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...