Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Decorating with Daddy and Mumma

     I went to the barn today to help Mumma and Daddy decorate.  Daddy handed me some gloves to help carry the Christmas tree in.  It's about 12 feet tall and very heavy.  He likes to do things at his own pace.  So I have learned to take direction and not rush him.  Thankfully, Joe had put it on the porch so we didn't have to drag it too far.  Daddy was huffing and puffing a bit but up it went.  So fun to hear his commentary.  For those who don't know him, he is sarcastic and goofy all at the same time.   Telling Mom he hoped she only spent $500 dollars on his Christmas present and why doesn't she help him up and down the ladder?  Of course then he started saying," don't make fun of me, you'll hurt my feelings."  "You know how sensitive I am."  He cracks me up because he is the toughest man I know.  You would be hard pressed to find a way to hurt his feelings unless you offend one of his children or grandchildren.  That is one way to hit his sensitive side!  I just so enjoyed him and his banter today. 
      So we got the tree up and then I went to the basement to bring up decorations for the living room.  Mama wanted to do a little bit at a time.  I know I probably didn't place things exactly as she would have but I tried to do my best.  It is frustrating for her not to do it all by herself anymore.  A few years ago she bragged how she had over a thousand lights lit up all over the barn.  No small feat for this little lady!  We had fun though, checking for working lights and admiring old decorations.  One candle still had a Woolworth sticker on it!  She has had it for 50 years! 
     I have to brag, that Mama fried me up so haddock for lunch with mushroom rice!  It was cooked perfectly!  I was hungry after vacuuming up all those pine needles!
     Then we watched The Young and The Restless and wrapped presents.  Daddy had gone out to get milk.  When he came in he told us "I'm losing it" cuz he forgot to go to the bank.  I think he is far from losing it!  He is sharp as a tack!  He strolled to the kitchen and came back with a big smile on his face.  "I got the squirrel in the rat trap!" he said.  "Merry Christmas to me!"  haha.  He told me he baited it with peanuts and didn't set it until the squirrel got used to it.  Then he got him!  What a character!  I love my Daddy!  I always wish I can capture his personality with words.  It is so difficult.  He is an amazing man!  Smart, tough, funny.  Did I mention that I love him?!
How ridiculous that Daddy ended up with this mug at the Christmas Party this year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...