Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Your Will: Instructions for life!


I wrote this poem a few years ago and as I did my devotions this morning I was praying.  I love to pray for family and friends.  It is a privilege to lay them all at your feet Lord.  Sometimes I focus so much on the problems and stuff of this world that I forget HIM.  I list them all and worry and ask you to heal them but what I need to do is get back to basics.  I need to focus on all the wonderful attributes of God.  I remembered the words specifically, what is your will? Let me concentrate on YOUR goodness, that goodness may flow out of me.  HE is good, HE is compassionate, He understands that pain you are going through today.  Whether it is the pain of some physical ailment, the lack of money to pay bills, the loss of someone you really loved.  Don't you realize that HE is aware?  I was reminded of that today. HE is merciful,  Mighty Counselor, Prince of Peace.  HE is I AM!  HE knows!  Focus on that!~

Be Joyful Always
Pray Continually
Give thanks in all circumstances. 
For this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus
1 Thessalonians 5:16

I love this verse and it inspired this poem>

What is your will God?
This is your will
Fill me with joy
Fill me with peace
Let me concentrate on your
Goodness
That Goodness will flow out of me
Let me concentrate on your love
That peace may dwell in my heart
Let me thank you for every gift of life
Large and small
That I may have a grateful heart
This is your will
This is your will
Let me lift up in prayer my loved ones
For protection, for needs and all
Let me thank you always for them
This is your will for me
Fill me with Joy
How Lord?
Sing to you in my heart?
Look at the sun
The mountains around me
Feel the joy in that
Fill me with Joy
How Lord?
Look at the Sun
"My morning star"
It is in the face of my child
The grass beneath my feet
The sand upon the Beach
The robins in my yard
The gifts they do abound.
Fill me with Joy
How Lord?
Think upon these things


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...