Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What's in a Word?

     Words that bring a smile to my lips and hope to my heart.  Some words have so much power and evoke so much feeling with in me.  Words like:
   Beautiful        MIGHTY         
 VICTORIOUS!  Morning   Forever           
        ROCK
Author   SALVATION  redeemed
Star                  Wings                          Faith        Word   
 Just standing alone.   Or within verses - they are enough for me.  More than enough to fill me up, to comfort me, to help me remember what is important.  It has always been that way for me.  The gift of a word, a handwritten note, a card, a book.  They are the gift that blesses me the most.
     It's no wonder, considering that in the beginning was God and the word and they are one and the same.  (John 1: 1&2)  So powerful is the word that it can cut you down or build you up.  Depending on how you use the words in your mind.  So remember, the words that cut, and hurt and destroy are just as powerful! 
I choose the ones that will build and heal and keep me strong.  Words like the ones above that fill and heal.  What words do you choose to focus on?

     "For the word of God is living and active.  Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight."  Hebrews 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...