Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Even the Sunflowers Bow in His Presence






The sunflowers I planted by our mailbox are magnificent.  I planted them but God created them and grew them tall and strong.  They are mature and full grown.    Doing as they are supposed to do.  Reaching their roots deep into the soil to receive all the nutrients the earth has to offer.  And then lifting their faces towards the Sun to absorb it and get the full benefit of its powerful rays! 
And then:
They bow their heads in the presence of the sun.  So mature.  As if in awe.  I can't help but think that it will be the same way with us.  God is growing us too.  We need to reach down deep into the roots of God's word and be fed.   Psalm 1:3 says:   "He is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.  Whatever he does prospers."  We need to mature and grow by staying in the word.   And then some day, we too can stand before the SON, and bow our heads, fully mature.  The work in us complete.  We will be a reflection of the SON.   Just like him.  1 Corinthians 13:12  says, Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.   Yes, I will be able to see him clearly but just as the sunflower does, it will be my joy to bow in his presence.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...