Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Monday, February 8, 2021

I Know my Shepherd’s Voice



  The voice of a stranger, I will not follow.  At times it seems there are too many voices in my

head.  No, not the I am crazy kind of voices, just the nagging thoughts that beat me up at times. 

When I am trying to do a good thing like write in my blog to share the good news of God's grace.

 That's when I sometimes get feelings and thoughts of You're not good enough!" "Why are you doing

that Janet?"  You just want attention.  Nobody cares what you write about.  You don't genuinely

believe that stuff.  You're just being a goody two shoes."


      On and on sometimes, these thoughts come to me and that is when I have to choose truth.  Choose

 the truth that tells me I am a child of God! The Word of God that answers these questions with what

is really truth!  And that is:  I am doing this because God has given me the gift of writing to share

what is important to me and to HIM!  I don't want attention, I want to give God the glory and these

 words bring HIM glory.  Somebody of God's choosing will read words in this blog and be

encouraged and know that He reigns and wants all to know His love.  I believe! HE promised that

once I accepted Jesus as my personal savior long ago when I was about ten years old that He would

never leave me or forsake me. In Deuteronomy 31:6  it says it "The Lord, He is the One who goes

before you.  He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be

dismayed."  This truth I hold in my heart!  and    Isaiah 43:1  "But know, thus says the Lord, who

created you (he created me!!), O Jacob  And He who formed you, O Israel;  "Fear not, for I have

redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine." 
 
     So when the voice of a stranger tells me I am not good enough, I replace it with the word of truth,

even if I have to do it 100 times a day or more!  John 10:4-5   "To him the doorkeeper opens and the

sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.  And when he brings

out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.  Yet they

 will by no means follow a stranger but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of

strangers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...