Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Gabriella: Welcome to the Family

    


  Welcome to the world little Miss Gabriella! You are so loved. From the time I 

knew that your Mama Holly was carrying you in her womb I have been praying for 

your health and wholeness. It was a rocky time for your Mama she she discovered 

that you were in her belly but that is her story to tell. Your mama is a very good 

writer and I pray that someday she will be able to share her stories.

     In October, your Mama had an ultrasound which showed that you were 

measuring very small compared to other babies at this gestational age. I wrote in 

my journal: "Lord God, this baby, he or she (because we didn't know if you were a 

boy or a girl yet) is measuring very tiny. I pray that you would touch him or her 

and breathe health and healing and strength and vitality into his/her being so that 

she will grow up to be strong and to love you Lord!" Jeremiah 30:17 says. "But I 

will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord." I read this 

verse and claimed it for you little one!

     Your Papa and I spent the summer in Vermont with your Mama and your sister, 

August, waiting excitedly as we watched your Mom's belly grow and felt your 

movement in her belly. I looked forward to your due date, November 30th when 

we would finally get to meet you!

     On October 13th, in my journal, I wrote, "Please strengthen Hollly's baby and 

help her to put on weight and be healthy." I know how anxious your Mom was 

about your health. I was in North Carolina and she was in Vermont and I wished I 

could have been closer so that I could encourage and comfort her. I knew that I 

wanted to be there when you were born so I made arrangements to arrive in 

Vermont on November 8th. Your due date was November 30th so I was hopeful to 

spend some time with Holly and August and be available when your Mom went 

into labor.

     But the week before I was due to arrive in Vermont, your Mom started 

experiencing high blood pressure and the doctor continued to be concerned about 

you low birth weight. He wanted to admit your Mom to the hospital and induce 

labor a few weeks early to avoid any more complications. She was able to hold the 

doctor off for the weekend of November 6th. On Monday, November 8th he 

insisted that your Mama be admitted to NMC for bed rest. He would induce labor 

the following morning, Tuesday, November 9th.

       I got there in time to watch your sister but because of COVID restrictions, I 

was not allowed to visit Holly in the hospital.  I took August for a walk in the

 stroller. We walked around the hospital and your Mama waved at us from her 

bedroom window.  That's as close as we could get. 


     August and I spent a lot of time together in the next few weeks while you were 

in the hospital.

August and I like taking snapchat pictures.

One day August fell asleep in her stroller during

our walk so I carried her in the house.

Sweet dreams August!


Playing with cousin Layne.



Wearing Mima's glasses.


Silly girls!





We had fun at the pet store seeing the fish and turtles!



She got a hold of my white out and painted her fingernails.



Wearing Mima's sweater.




     Your mama labored all day on Tuesday but you took your time coming. Finally,

 after an epidural which only numbed half of your Mama's body, you were born at 

7:06 pm at Northwestern Medical Center in St Albans.




You are so sweet little one!







     Mama got to hold you briefly but then they whisked you out of the room 

because you were having breathing difficulties. I don't know all the details but I 

do know your condition was serious enough for them to transport you by 

ambulance to the UVM Medical Center where you could get specialized care in the 

Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.

     Meanwhile, your Mima, (that's me), had been waiting eagerly to hear if you 

had been born yet. I called your Mom using Face time around 8 pm. I looked at 

her face and said, "How are you doing? Still laboring?" She looked stunned and 

said, " I just had the baby!" Yay!  I was so excited I almost forgot to ask if you 

were a boy or a girl!  What is it? I finally asked. "It's a girl!" she said.  We were 

thrilled and happy but I knew how worried your Mama was because the doctors 

had taken you out of the room so quickly. I was worried too.

     It was a very difficult time. We were hoping, praying and wondering if you 

were going to be ok. Your Mom was in one hospital and you were in another one a 

half hour away. Because of COVID restrictions, only your Mama and Daddy were 

able to visit you in NICU! You had to be intubated and fed through a tube. The 

doctors sedated you to allow you to be still so that the hole in your lung could 

heal. Mommy couldn't even hold you because you were so fragile. You only 

weighed 4 pounds, 15 ounces but you were here at last! You had the most 

beautiful head of black hair I have ever seen! Despite all the problems, I knew you 

were getting the best care possible and I was trusting that God would heal you 

completely.


One day they finally took your oxygen out.

 Only one tube left, your feeding tube!

You look like you're smiling in your sleep.


     For two weeks, your Mama and Daddy went back and forth to the hospital so 

they could spend time with you while you got better. Finally, the doctors took the 

oxygen off of you and you were breathing all by yourself. Without all the tube and

 oxygen mask on you, we were finally able to see your beautiful face! 




You started to drink your bottles and nurse until finally you were well enough to 

come home. On Thanksgiving day, November 25th, 17 days after you were born, 

Mama and Daddy dressed you up pretty and brought you home.

Time to leave the hospital at last!



You are so pretty!


     Then they brought you to meet your sister and your Auntie Audrey and your 

Mima (me). What a celebration!

We finally got to see you in person!



August meeting her sissy!!



Meeting your Auntie Audrey!



I was so happy to finally get to hold you!








     The verse for you I find today is : "The eternal God is your refuge, and 

underneath are the everlasting arms." Deuteronomy 33:27. 


 May God 

  carry you in His arms all the

 days of your life!

I love you sweet Gabriella!

Your first Christmas!~







2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful but also scary story. One I know all too well. I’m so happy everyone is ok & home. Grandkids are just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this. Thank got for sharing this, Janet.

    What a beautiful family ❤️
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...