Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Saturday, July 23, 2011

God Answers Prayers in Unexpected Ways

     Recently I posted on Facebook that God answers prayers in unexpected ways.  A few of you commented that you wanted to know in what way.  I wrote that because I want to give glory to God and be a witness.  To get people to think.  To get people to consider God as the answer if they don't already do that.  Because for me He is the Answer and the Way and the One I count on so completely in my life.  It has been that way for most of my life and I feel fortunate that He has given me eyes to see Him and a spirit to sense Him.
     Anyway, as you know we have been taking care of our grandson for the last few months.  At the end of the school year, he was still going to school in Milton.  A 31 mile drive from little old Enosburg.  So everyday, Paul or I drove him to school and picked him up for about 6 weeks.  It was a busy time and a lot of miles.  But as you know, you do what you gotta do and he was able to finish out his kindergarden time at his own school.
     Months ago I had been praying about a certain bill that had to paid.  It was weighing on me heavily.  I wanted to be able to pay it off quickly but other things got in the way.  It was to the school, The Fold where I had sent Holly to school for a year.  It is a private Christian organization which helps trouble teens.  They did so much for my daughter and I will be forever grateful to them.  So it was important to me to pay this bill off more quickly.  I wrote the amount on a paper and sat before the Lord in prayer.  I said,  "Lord I cannot pay this bill off but You can, so in whatever way you could help me do this please pay this bill." 
      I left it at that.  3 months later, Paul and I get a check in the mail from the state for all the mileage we had put on driving Noah to school all those days.  It was almost the same amount as the bill that needed to be paid.  So that was my answer to prayer!  I am so grateful to God for providing that for us!  It certainly did not occur to me while I was bringing him to school all those days that it was an answer to prayer.  God is good!
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...