Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Trip to Southport NC

 
Sunday we took the girls to Fort Fisher to take the ferry over to Southport.  Emily is visiting from Vermont and Faith's friend Dylan also joined us.  Here we are waiting for the cars to load.  The ferry goes out every 45 minutes so we got a chance to have a snack and walk around.  It was so nice out on this day, uncommonly cool for a July day in NC. 
 
 
 


 A fellow passenger was kind enough to offer to take our picture.


 
 
 A nice breeze and a bit overcast to start out.  It felt good!
 
 
 
 
 




 A friendly visitor who likes to eat chili cheese fritos!






 My loves! 


 
Emily, I do believe you are a bit like Grandma and don't like to have your picture taken!
 


 Happy girls!



 That's better!  Smile a little smile for me .... Emily!
 

  
A little Coast Guard action.





When we got to Southport, we stopped at Fishy, Fishy for lunch.
 

 
Nice indoor / outdoor dining next to the waterfront.
 
 
Yummy clam chowder!
 
 

   
A little park beside the Southport police station with this amazing tree!


 
Hi Dill!  What a fun nickname. 
 I am afraid once I heard her Mom call her that, the name stuck!
 

 
Faith was brave enough to climb up high. 
 I couldn't in my flip flops!
 

 
 
Wow~!  I just love this tree!  One of my favorite parts of the day!


For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
 the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing,
 and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands."  Isaiah 55:12
 
 
 
 
 
This one was beside it! 
Magnificent!



Silly face, tired of getting her picture taken!

1 comment:

  1. A nice outing for even nicer people. We need to do that again --the ferry. I remember that tree on on reporter-ly visits to the Southport cop shop...

    ReplyDelete

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...