Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

HE is Enough

     Many people do not realize that I struggle with depression.  That there are areas of my life that come back to haunt me and that I worry about what the future holds..  I read and study my Bible and journal about what I go through during many periods in my life.  Today, I saw a post by my Pastor who posted a song on Facebook.  It was a song that he wrote.  Not to encourage someone else but a song he wrote for himself to remind himself that God is in control and No weapon formed against him would prosper.
     It made me stop and reflect on all the things that I have written about.  Poems and words that the Lord has given me over the years to encourage me.  I went through this blog and read a few excerpts.  I found myself encouraged.  Sometimes, I just have to stop and recall that if He brought me through tough times in the past, He will most certainly bring me through this time.
     Two years ago in my journal I wrote this:

Lord, you are there!
You are here!
I feel You
I feel your presence
I feel your peace
I am not falling apart
I am strong in Your mighty power
Not me
But YOU!
Before I wept as though my heart would break
Before I hung on to myself, my way of fixing things, my way of loving people
Thinking I could fix the troubles around me
Thinking I could heal those hurting around me
But I couldn't
But I cannot
I stepped away
I came back to it and tried again
I cannot mend
Only YOU can!
I cannot heal
Only YOU can!
I am yours LORD
I am part of the vine- the branch - attached to YOU!
I continually go back to giving YOU
care of this precious family YOU have given me
They are in YOUR HANDS!

     Have I grown since I wrote these words or am I still trying to pick up the broken pieces and fix them myself?  I really must take the wisdom and words You have so faithfully given me and apply them continuously to now!

Today, out come these words:

I am fickle
unsteady
unsure
unable
unbelieving at times
unwilling
unfaithful
under pressure
LORD
YOU ARE THERE
YOU ARE HERE
YOU WERE THEN
YOU ARE NOW
YOU ARE BEFORE
YOU ARE AFTER
YOU ARE STEADY
YOU ARE CONSTANT
YOU ARE!
and now my prayer is
But you God!
Come in
Fill me
Heal me
Hold me
Contain me
Comfort me
Draw me in
Hold me close
FOR YOU ARE
ENOUGH

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful Janet. You re not alone in your journey and many of us draw strength from your perseverance! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a wonderful blog. I'm sure it gives you an outlet to put some good into the world (along with those fantastic cupcakes! (Yes, it was wonderful to savor each taste...wish I had more ;]...You have a beautiful family, and I can only be glad to have met you thru MI...wish we had another project to keep in touch, but FB friends can be real, as I know you are. God bless you this and every summer--Hava lotta fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. You are a good friend! Take care and God bless!!

      Delete

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...