Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Surrender

     It was the night before Nolan and Kay's wedding.  I had been stressing about it for six weeks; the amount of time we had to plan it!  Worrying if the weather would be good, no rain!! As if I could control that part of it.  But still my mind whirred on constantly as I worked on invites, decorations and details!  
     I dreamed I had to get to Mike and Jane's camp to set up the tables and chairs.  For some reason I started to walk there from my house in Enosburg.  It was early morning and I thought to myself, maybe I better not go there so early to set up.  Instead of turning left to the camp, I walked straight to the Lakes edge.   The sun was shining, the lake was calm and quiet.  I stood there peacefully without concern.  Just enjoying the beauty of the water and sky before me. 
     I can only take this as a sign that God was in complete control of the weather, the wedding, the details and the bride and groom!  I had done my part and planned to the best of my ability and the rest was in HIS hands.
      I went to Bible study today and the one word that stood out during the entire class was Surrender!  I can plan all I want but some things I just have to release to HIM.  Ultimately, HE is in control.  He gave  Nolan to me as a son for all these years and now he is on his own and has his own family.  God will take care of them.  I just have to stop at the waters edge, rest and wait and see what HE has in store for me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...