Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Waiting

     Do you ever feel like God is silent?  Like you wish He would tell you what to do or when to do it.  That you pray and pray for someone or something and it doesn't seem He listens.  I could go on for a long time about this.   It is difficult; especially when I am a get things done kind of person.  I want to move forward and feel impatient for new things to happen or for someone to get healed.  For everyday troubles to fall into place.  I have to wait on God.  Sometimes I just wish He would write answers in the sky.  But still I wait. 

     Yesterday I was exercising to an Insanity video.  The sound stopped working so I found myself completing the workout  without any encouraging instruction or the sound of the music.  So quiet and strange.  There was only about 20 minutes left to the workout so I kept plugging along.  I knew what to do and how long each exercise lasted but still nothing seemed right.  I like hearing the voice of Shaun T and the music.  I like hearing my teacher speak!  After about 10 minutes of silence except for the sounds of my jumping around, the sound blasted back on.  Yay!
 
      At the time I was comparing this to listening to God's instructions in life.  Sometimes He is silent.  He wants me to continue doing what I am doing to the best of my ability.  Working, loving, taking care of my patients and family and giving as much as I can.  I stay in prayer and read His word.  I know what He expects of me.  He trusts me to do the best I can.  I feel like He was telling me that when He wants me to make a change, or do something for Him, or make a new move in life, He will tell me and it will be loud and clear just like the sound of that video volume turning back up!  As I wait in expectation I am excited about my future and what He has planned for our family!

I pray this prayer.  In the morning you hear my voice, in the morning I place my requests before you and wait in expectation.  For I know that you have all my plans in place.  Plans to prosper me not to harm me.  Plans for a hope and a future.  I trust you with my life Lord!  I hope it is loud and clear when you speak.   In Jesus name, Amen.  I am learning to wait.  I am not always patient but I know He will answer. 
     I read this verse today in James. "Therefore be patient brethren until the coming of the Lord.  See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain.  You also, be patient.  Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand."  James 5:7&8  I am glad He speaks to me even when I am exercising!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...