Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Monday, September 9, 2013

How Music Touches Us


 

  

     Last month I had the pleasure of watching my granddaughter Ebonie for the day.  She is almost 2 now and I love watching her change and grow.  I took her to Joannes fabrics and taught her how to say pretty and color.  She kept grabbing at the different fabrics to see how they felt.  Then we drove to Grammas house to spend some time with them.  It was the first time since she started walking that she actually sat still and in my lap for a time.  A whole hour actually.   Nice that she is slowing down just a little.  Long enough to look at a picture book with me.   
     While I made dinner I played a Robin Mark cd.  She really responded to it.  She stood near the music player swaying and dancing a little.  When the music was fast I would pick her up and twirl her around to see her smile get bigger! 
     Then as I continued to prepare our meal a song came on that was a little softer.  She got so quiet and still and just stood there listening.
 The words were these...
How great are you Lord! 
How great is your mercy
How great are the things that you have done for me
Your loving kindness is filling my heart as I sing.....
How great are you LORD!
How great is your love
It reaches to the heavens
How great is the heart
That sought and rescued me.
 
Even at the age of almost 2, my little granddaughter was able to discern the sweetness and specialness of this song.  May God bless you Ebonie.  May HE hold you in the palm of HIS hand and keep you safe all the days of your life!
 
Love Mima
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...