Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Nolan ~ 21 Wow!

     My first born son turned 21 on December 29th!   He was due on Christmas day in the year 1990.  I remember thinking how special that my first baby could possibly be due on such a day.  I remember my excitement at becoming a Mom.  I remember going to midnight mass on December 24th and being so hopeful that I would hold my firstborn on Christmas day!  However, Christmas day came and went and no baby.  I eagerly and nervously waited for the first pains but they didn't come.  At that time, I didn't know what I was having.  I love surprises and waiting to see if it was a boy or a girl was a surprise worth waiting for.  I did have names picked out.  If it was a boy, it was definitely going to be Nolan Michael Parker.  If it was a girl, I had numerous names picked out.
     Finally, on December 28th; at 10pm, my water broke.  We drove to the hospital and were so excited.  The pains did not start until I was admitted and snugly tucked into bed!  He always had good timing.  He still does.  He was born in the morning at 8:28.  I guess it was the best Christmas and New Years gift that I ever got!!
There he is.  My Nolan.  My first born son.  I miss those days when he was little.  He was always wise beyond his time.  He was starting to say words when he was about 8 months old.  He was a chunky baby.  Really couldn't sit up without support til he was about 10 months old cuz he was so fat.  I remember being at the playground with him when he was about 18 months and crying because a little kid called him fat.  I laugh now. 

     He scared me when he wrapped a backpack around his arms when he was about 4 and fell flat on his face in the driveway.  His tooth was knocked loose and I was afraid he would lose it.  Then he scared me again when he stuck a q-tip in his ear to clean it and fell against the vanity in the bathroom.  Ouch, his ear was bleeding and I was afraid he damaged his eardrum.  Then he had appendicitis when he was 16 and proceeded to get sicker and sicker.  He had an abcess in his belly and lost 21 pounds!!  I was never so scared in my life as then.  But look at him now.  Healthy and strong.  God is good!!
Then he joined the Air National Guard at the age of 17!  We had to sign for him being so young.  I was scared then too.   Being a mom to him had so many scary times and so much more joy.  Wish I could go back sometimes. 
     I am so glad for all the time I spent reading to him.  My fondest memories:  reading Berenstain Bears, The Boy with the Drum,  Mrs Doodlepunk, The Elves and the Shoemaker,  the Critter books, Morris the Moose, and a zillion others.  Over and over until he could finish the end of every sentence.  His memory was and still is amazing!  And he is so smart!  Well, I could go on~ so many memories but just wanted to celebrate his birthday with a blog!!  I am so proud of you son.  May God bless you and draw him closer to you.  He loves you so much, as does your whole family!!
Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...