Check out Wells Wheels on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/dashboard?ref=mcpa

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Life is Full of Surprises

     I got a bit of news today.  And a bit yesterday.  Very surprising and almost overwhelming.  At least it could be overwhelming if I let it be.  Circumstances can do that to you.  An accident, a sickness, a bad day at work, an unkind word from someone, an unintentional slight from an acquaintance.  Many times, you experience things that hurt, confuse or surprise you so much that you are not quite sure what to do with it.  Well, maybe you shouldn't do anything.  Maybe you just need to stop, think, absorb it.  Most importantly, you might just need to bring it to God in prayer.  So I did that.  Went to my room and curled up with my Bible and my notebook.
     I'm sure you might wonder what it is I am talking about at the moment but I won't share that.  Down the road I will share some of these things that have happened that have required me to Let Go and Let God.  My hands are tied.  There is nothing I can do about some situations.  He is ever so gently teaching me that in this season of my life. 
    Years ago, I would have responded to crises out of pure emotion.  Got on the phone and started ranting to anyone who would listen.  Complained, moaned and groaned.  Now I find, that if I get some news that is upsetting; I am not that surprised.  I feel calm.  I feel the need to go to Him in prayer.  To read the word and see where it leads me.  What kind of answers He will bring me to.  And He always does.  He is so faithful like that.  And I am so grateful for that. 
     Just last week He was leading me with a few verses.  Things that brought me to realize that He is in control.  I wrote them down. In  Isaiah 31:20, part of it says "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying,  "This is the way, walk in it."  I know that He was telling me to listen to His still voice.  The voice I can only hear if I am staying in the word and prayer.  So when I was presented with my surprising situation this week, I knew what He wanted me to say and do.  He made it very clear to me.  So I was strong enough to say what I needed to say to a certain someone.  And know that it was right and ok and just what He wanted from me. 
     And then this verse was given to me:  "He tends His flock like a sheperd.  He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart.  He gently leads those who have young.:  Isaiah 40:11  I and my children are part of his flock and He will take care of us.  Let Him take care of you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to find Peace

   Lord, time of quiet with You is scarce  My brain is scattered  My cup is bare I fill the day meeting needs Working Chasing Not on my knee...